1st Anniversary Banner

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Black Magician Trilogy

The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan. I bought it before Maximum Ride actually but I chose 2 finish MR first coz' it was a little more popular (New York Times Bestseller for 12 weeks yadayada). Appeal to common believe actually XD. But yesterday, I finally finished the 1st book and now I can't wait for the second one. I'm even planning to get it before MR.

Sudden change of mind huh. Oh well, it certainly was a good read. The pace picked up from the middle of the book and from there it was great - conspiracy and all. But 1 thing I get from the book - yes it is a book about magicians duh, and no it's not your that kinda BLACK MAGIC, nono so don't worry - is that I feel the author is somewhat of a Star Wars fan. I won't say more but it just kinda has that feel.

Hmm, I'll just grab the 2nd book the next chance I get and we'll see how it goes. Meantime, a recommended read though not as great as my Artemis Fowl series and Bartimaues Trilogy (nope I'm not comparing it to Harry Potter. Lol)

No comments: